|River Hill Lodge Komatipoort (Recommended)|
|Border Country Inn Hotel|
|Casa do Campo
(it's a few kilometers past the border)
|Guest House: 7 en-suite bedrooms with dinner, breakfast||Kleintjie|
|Nhambavale Lodge (beautiful camping)||Derick|
|Pairso de Verao|
The border is open daily from 6am till 10pm. They often keep the border open for 24 hours during holidays. Please phone the Lebombo Border to confirm.
The contact number is: +27 13 793 7311.
What you need at the border:
- Valid Passport
- Vehicle & Trailer Registration papers.
- Resort Reservation form with Passport names, numbers & expiry dates.
- Letter from your bank for your vehicle to leave the country.
- Children traveling with need the new unabridged birth certificate (see the new law information).
Extra expenses at border:
R32/passport entrance fee for vehicle documents & R220 third party insurance per vehicle & R80 per boat or trailer (available on border)
Between border & Maputo: 95Mt, 17.5 Mt
Xai-Xai: 20 Mt (only when going back to Maputo).
The border is open at Pafuri, but only accessible to 4x4 vehicles (preferably groups).
Drive through the Limpopo River – no bridge – Not recommended during rain fall season. Can’t tow a boat – need to be at least 2 vehicles. The road links to Vilanculos.
Border is open at Giriyondo from 8H00 until 15H00 daily. The first 70km after border is not for towing. Link to Chibutu, Xai-Xai.
Places to stay: Transfrontier Trails do Limpopo www.dolimpopo.com 082 655 2404
The road from Maputo to Beira was upgraded. Please drive safely and do not drive during the night.
At the fork in Lindele, turn right– then ± 22km on road to Inhambane.
Don’t use Jangamo turnoff – road too narrow, especially for boats!!! SAND TRACK THICK SAND
Turn right at signposts of all the resorts (Paindane, Coconut Bay, etc.) ± 20km red sand road. To Masavanna Garage, turn right follow road to T-junction, turn left follow sand track keep right on this sand track to Paindane 4km.
Deflate tires at white sand road (± 4km) to Paindane.
Deflate your tires to between 0,8bar & 1bar – road not assessable for cars, only 4x4 vehicles and 2x4 LDV’s with diff lock, preferably accompanied by 4x4.
Available in all major towns from ± R16 - R20/liter.
Fill up in Komatipoort, again in Xai-Xai & Inharrime - open till 22:00 (for driving around in Resort).
Unleaded petrol & air available in Inharrime.
Petrol & Diesel also available in Inhambane.
Petrol cards aren’t accepted.
Taurus garage available now - 10 km from Paindane.
New law: Use of reflective warning signs & reflective vests. (Available at TRAVEL AGENCIES & OUTDOOR WAREHOUSE)
- Gas supplied for all chalets and rondavels
- Casita’s daily price includes gas for warm water in bathroom & kitchenette.
- All the Basic Rustic Rondavels and Chalet have chest freezers or deep freezefridge combo, all the basic utensils (pots, cutlery, cups, plates & glasses) are supplied. The first toilet roll and black rubbish bag is supplied.
- All bathrooms have shower, toilet & hand basin. Bring your own towels. 9hot water Gas Geezers for bathrooms)
- Bring your own Mozzi nets.
No mosquito nets
- Linen supplied in all rondavels, chalets (fitted sheet, duvet, and pillow).
- Bring your own towels, dish cloths & toilet paper (only first roll supplied) & also your own black rubbish bags.
- All campsites in main camp & chalets have own braai. Bring own grid in campsites/chalets.
- Chalets 1,2, 3, 4, 5, 11, 12 & 13 as well as campsites S1, S2, S11 & S13, S14, S15, S16, S17, S18 & S27 have gazebos. Bring your own chairs & table.
- Only charcoal may be used for braai. Charcoal available in resort. – in ± 5kg bags - NO WOOD FIRES!
- No open flames is allowed inside the houses.
- Restaurant, within the vicinity of Paindane, serving all kinds of seafood at reasonable prices.
- Rands, Meticas, Dollars and Euros are accepted in the resort.
CHEQUES ARE NOT ACCEPTED. ONLY VISA CREDIT CARD WITH PIN NUMBER.
- Fish & Crayfish can be bought from the locals in Paindane and Prawns & Calamari (Lula) in Inhambane.
- Fruit, vegetables and other essentials are available in Inhambane Marcado.
- Meat, brought into Mozambique, must be vacuum packed and can’t be taken back to SA. Neither are dairy products.
- Water is drinkable & ice is available at the Reception.
- Charcoal is available at the reception.
- Plug points are standard & use normal 5 Amp plugs.
- Electricity: We are now connected to the Mozambiquen main electricity supply, we do have power cuts from time to time, then we go back on to our generator for the WATER PUMPS ONLY. . Can not run the Resort on the generator. You may bring your own generator.
- Baraccas & Casitas have own plug points. Do not over load 5 Amp plugs.
- Plug points in open sites. (No extensions allowed.)
- Fishing charters and scuba diving at the Resort. Inquiries at the office.
KINDLY NOTE THAT NO PERSON, 4 X 4'S AND QUAD BIKES ARE ALLOWED ON ANY DUNE. ONLY USE THE DESIGNATED PATHS AND ROADS. DO NOT CHOP OR CUT DOWN ANY VEGETATION AND MAKE YOUR OWN PATHS ON THE DUNES OR THROUGH THE BUSHES BETWEEN CHALETS!
LAUNCHING & FISHING PERMITS:
- Launching Permits: MT 2500.00
- Fishing Permits: MT 525.00
- Boats can be left next to beachbar - taps water.
- Bring own bait - sardines and squid are the best. Sometimes available at the shop.
CURRENT EXCHANGE RATE:
For current exchange rate, email our office, phone the resort or border.
- Money can be exchanged at border: Border Country Inn or FX Bureau de Exchange at Crossings Shopping Center Nelspruit or BP Garage Komatipoort.
- Don’t exchange money at locals on Mozambique side of border.
- It is better to pay for petrol and at shops in Meticas, although Rands and Dollars are also accepted. Credit cards can’t be used.
- You can draw money with your Visa Card/master card at the local banks.
DUTY FREE ALLOWANCES:
Every visitor is entitled to import the following duty-free:
- Goods to the value of $US 200 (inclusive of grocery consumables)
- One liter of spirits
- 2,5 liters (3 bottles) of wine
- 2 cartons (or 400) cigarettes.
- Children under the age of 18 do not qualify for liquor allowances.
- Only a limited quantity of raw fish products (i.e. prawns, fish, calamari, crayfish, etc) can be exported. Transport permit at reception of the resort.
PLEASE don’t exceed the speed limits of 60km/u in the villages. If the limit is 60km, rather drive less. They stop you even if you exceed the limit with 1km/u. Don’t pass a still standing vehicle on a solid line. Wait patiently or blow your vehicle’s horn. Remember to ask for a receipt for fines paid.
Your holiday starts when you leave home. Relax, enjoy Africa and your holiday in paradise!!
Contact us if you need more information: 0825693436 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours: 7 - 4 daily